Fagen, Inc. is committed to safety and views our employees as our most valuable resource. Our goal is to provide an accident/injury free environment. With a commitment from management, supervision and field employees, we as a team will achieve our safety goal.
Fagen, Inc. believes nothing is more important than safety. The following are strategies we use on our projects to communicate, train and educate all employees on our Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Daily safety training meetings every morning.
- On a bi-weekly basis a safety director or an employee conducts a safety demonstration on various types of equipment and tools.
- Safety Directors conduct daily safety audits for all crafts and subcontractors on-site.
- A detailed safety orientation, in addition to the client's safety orientation, is conducted for everyone on-site prior to any work beginning.
- Designated corporate equipment trainer. Training includes classroom training, written exam, and proficiency test.
- Detailed supervisor/foreman safety orientation.
- Safety Committee conducts a weekly walk through.
- Field Management Staff hold management meetings at least four times a week.
- Weekly safety newsletter.
- Annual training for all crafts.
- Job Safety Task Analysis (JSTA) to identify any hazards before starting work tasks.
From the Fagen, Inc. Corporate Safety Director
At Fagen, Inc., we belive teamwork is the key to achieving optimum safety. All Fagen, Inc. management, from the Project Manager to the laborer, are responsible to maintain a safe workplace. We will continue to make it our company mission to ensure this happens.
Corporate Safety Director
- Govenor's Occupational Safety and Health Awards
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- ABC National Safety Award
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Minnesota Safety Council
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Outstanding Safety Performance Greene E&C
- Miller Fall Protection Life Member
- Nebraska Safety Council Safety Achievement
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Boise Cascade Certificate of Recognition
- ABC Safety Recognition Award
1999, 2001, Most improved safety record
- Minnesota Electric Association for Excellence in Safety
2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008